1. Am I eligible to take part in the study?
You are eligible to participate if you:
- are 21-80 years old
- are of Asian ethnicity
- have no movement disability & have NOT undergone joint replacement surgery such as knee/hip replacements
2. How long is the trial?
It is a one-off three-hour session.
3. What am I required to do?
You are required to perform movements that represents activities of daily living such as walking,
standing up from chair, picking up an object etc.
4. Are there any invasive procedures involved?
There is no blood taking required.
5. What am I required to wear?
You are required to wear sports attire such as sleeveless and shorts
as reflective markers will be placed on your body joints to capture your movements.
If you do not have appropriate attire, you can wear our standard unisex attire. Please take note that you will be required to remove all accessories such as jewellery and watches before the trial.
6. What is the timing of the study?
Our study runs from Mondays to Fridays from 9.30am - 12.30pm (Morning Session) or 1.30pm - 4.30pm (Afternoon Session).
7. How many people can participate at one session?
Only one participant is allowed for each session due to study limitations.
If you are interested to participate, please register here.
Your interest in joining our research is important to us. Due to operational limitations, we may inform you of available slots in 2-3 months time.
We seek your patience and understanding.
Tel: 9295 6984
Nanyang Technological University
Rehabilitation Research Institute of Singapore
11 Mandalay Road #14-03,
Clinical Sciences Building